You’d probably never associate the word “fashionable” with the zombies that try to derail Jack Sparrow and his entourage, but the walking dead do have a style of their own. Zombies are apt to wear an amulet, like this faux animal paw. Made from felt and craft feathers, it’s actually a small pouch — the perfect place for kids to stash a key or pocket change.
Time: 40 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Brown felt
- Straight pins
- Twist ties
- Low-temperature glue gun
- Brown craft feather
- Velcro fastener
- Chain or cord (optional)
How To Make It
- Print the template and use it as a pattern for cutting two identical hand shapes from brown felt.
- Fold over the top of one felt hand and glue down the edge to create a channel for the chain or cord. Then cut the twist ties into finger-length pieces and glue them to the felt.
- Now assemble the pouch by gluing the second hand on top of the first. Start with the fingers, making sure they are well stuck. Then glue the side edges of the palms together, leaving an opening in the middle.
Note: The top of the second hand should extend 3/4 inch or so beyond the first one to form a flap.
- Thread a jewelry chain or cord through the channel at the top of the pouch. Then attach a Velcro fastener so you can open and close the pouch.
- Finally, flip the pouch over and glue a brown craft feather or two to the face of it for a furry effect.
Cutting should be done by an adult.