Lunch time is sure to be magical for your little one with this DIY Up Lunch Bag!
For another Up craft, watch this DIY Adventure Book tutorial:
What You’ll Need
- Thin canvas fabric
- Pairing knife
- Colorful paint
- Paint brushes
- Black felt tip pen
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- Grape soda pin
How To Make It
- Draw the lunch bag pattern onto canvas with a pencil and ruler, then cut it out. It should be 10″ wide and 8 1/2″ high, and have even cut-outs in the middle.
- To create the stamps, cut the potatoes in half, then cut out a balloon shape. Paint the stamps, then press onto the canvas — stamp away! (If needed, go back with a brush to fill in the full balloon shapes.)
- Once the paint has dried, draw a string on the bottom of each balloon.
- Pin the sides of the bag together (with the balloon pattern facing inward). Then sew along both sides of the bag.
- Press down that seam, pin the bottom, and sew across both sides of the bottom.
- Roll the top down and measure where the pin and elastic should go.
- Cut the elastic (about 8″), then hand sew it onto the back of the bag. Next add your pin, and loop the elastic around.
All cutting and sewing should be done by an adult. An alternative to sewing is hot gluing, but be sure to line with a paper bag when using.