This DIY tic-tac-toe game featuring Mickey Mouse is made in a wooden tray, so it’s easy to move all around the house. Keep reading to learn how to make your own, and soon you’ll be able to name the tic-tac-toe champion of your family!
What You’ll Need
- Wooden tray
- Acrylic paint (white, pink)
- Mickey Mouse template (Click “Download PDF” below)
- Craft foam (orange, blue, pink, green)
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Paint the wooden tray with 1-2 coats of white paint. Let dry completely.
- Paint just the bottom of the tray light pink. Let dry completely.
- Use pencil to draw 4 lines to make a tic-tac-toe grid. Paint over the grid with 1-2 coats of white paint.
- To make the game pieces, download and print a small Mickey template. Carefully cut out.
- Use the Mickey template to trace Mickey shapes onto craft foam. You’ll need 10 orange, 10 blue, 5 pink, and 5 green. How many Mickey shapes is that in total? 30! Carefully cut them all out.
- Stack 2 orange pieces with a pink piece in the middle, and hot glue them all together. Repeat with the rest of the orange and pink pieces. Stack 2 blue pieces with a green piece in the middle, and hot glue them all together. Repeat with the rest of the blue and green pieces. Layering the Mickey shapes this way will make the game pieces easier to pick up off of the tray.
- Play your game! Divide the game pieces into the blue player and the orange player. Take turns placing a Mickey shape on the grid. Tic-tac-toe, 3 in a row makes a winner!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.