Store your favorite canine pal’s treats in a treat jar inspired by none other than Pluto!
What You’ll Need
- Tall, large mason jar
- Yellow paint
- Wide green ribbon
- Black felt
- Cardboard or cardstock
- Chalkboard paint
- Bone-colored felt
- Quilt batting, cotton balls, or tissues
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Paint the top half of the mason jar yellow, including the lid. Painting glass might take several coats. Let dry.
- To create Pluto’s ears, cut two long, narrow strips out of black felt, and round the ends.
- Fold the piece of black felt down the middle and glue the flat end to itself to create a pleat. With the rounded edge at the bottom, glue a piece of black felt onto each side of the lid of the jar.
- Glue or tape the green ribbon around the jar at the bottom edge of the yellow paint.
- Cut out an oval shape from cardboard or cardstock. Paint with chalkboard paint and let dry.
- Write your dog’s name in chalk. Glue just beneath the ribbon on the front of the jar.
- Fill jar with homemade or store-bought dog treats!
- To make the felt bone: Place two pieces of felt together. Cut out a bone shape, cutting both layers at the same time. Glue or stitch around the edge, leaving an opening to add the stuffing. Fill the bone with batting, cotton balls, or stuffing. Seal the edge by gluing or stitching. Place near the treat jar for an extra Pluto-inspired detail!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago