When it comes to dog tricks, Pluto just raised the bar. With a little help from a young fan, Mickey’s faithful pup can turn himself into a fetching Easter egg.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Hardboiled brown egg (or wooden egg painted golden brown)
- Cardstock (beige or golden brown, white, and black)
- Black permanent marker
- Glue dots
- Scrap of green craft paper
How To Make It
- Roll an 8.5- by 2-inch piece of beige or golden brown cardstock into a tube, making the diameter just wide enough for the narrower end of the egg to nestle in. Staple the tube where the paper overlaps. Pencil simple lines on the front of the tube to depict Pluto’s chest, legs, and paws and then trace over the lines with black marker.
- Pencil a wide V-shape line on the upper egg. Trace over the line with marker. Set the egg atop the tube.Print the template on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Use the muzzle piece to cut out the same shape from beige or golden brown cardstock. Glue the nose onto the muzzle and then draw on a mouth. Glue the muzzle to the bottom of the eye piece.
- Glue the eye portion of the assembled face to the front of the egg, but leave the muzzle free to overlap the outer tube slightly.
- Use the ear template piece to cut out a pair of Pluto ears from black cardstock. Fold the ear tabs, as shown, and glue them to the sides of the egg.
- Finally, glue a thin strip of green craft paper around the tube for Pluto’s collar.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 6 years Ago