I’m a HUGE fan of Star Wars. After watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I couldn’t help but fall for the little porgs. The puffin-like creatures are one of the cutest members of the galaxy far, far away. I love the moment when one of them befriends Chewie, and how the movie embodies friendship.
These cute Porg and Chewbacca Finger Puppets are perfect for creative play with your young Jedi. They’ll spark their imaginations and bring them into the world of Star Wars. Plus, they are super easy to make!
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is now available on Digital and Movies Anywhere, and catch it on 4K and Blu-ray starting 3/27.
For more Disney fun, check out “Get Moving with Disney Family”:
What You’ll Need
- Black, brown, orange, grey, and white felt
- Glue gun
- Fabric paint
How To Make It
- Use your finger as a guide to determine the size of your puppets.
- For each porg, cut 2 pieces of white felt for the body. Then cut out the details with grey, orange, and black felt. Attach the detailed cutouts to a body piece with hot glue.
- Glue the sides of the 2 body pieces together. Be sure to leave an opening at the bottom.
- Add the nose and mouth using fabric paint. Allow paint to dry.
- Repeat the same process for the Chewie puppet.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.