It’s that time of year to cozy up by the fireplace with a mug of hot cocoa. Add some festive cheer by hanging stockings on the mantel (with care).
To make your family really smile, create custom stockings tied to a favorite Disney movie. With Star Wars: The Last Jedi coming out on December 15, how perfect is a Star Wars-themed mantel — with your young Jedi getting this adorably fluffy Porg Stocking?! Then when the holiday hits, add a themed tee and toys inside.
Find all the best Star Wars gear at Kohl’s this holiday!
What You’ll Need
- White, orange, and gray felt
- Large white pom pom
- Medium gray pom pom
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Felt tip marker
- Black buttons
- Small pom poms
How To Make It
- Start by cutting out the felt: 1 orange eye piece, 2 white circles (a little larger than the buttons), 1 white nose/mouth piece, 2 gray wings, and 2 orange feet.
- Glue the orange felt piece onto the gray pom pom.
- Draw the mouth and nostrils onto the larger white piece and glue over orange piece.
- Glue white circles, then black buttons. Next, glue the two wings onto the top sides of the white pom pom.
- Glue gray pom pom to white pom pom. Then, glue the little feet onto the white pom pom. Let dry completely.
- Cut a long string that will attach the pom pom porg to the stocking.
- Carefully spread both the white and gray pom poms a little apart, lengthwise, until you hit the center. Then add glue and string to the middle of both and close back up. Let dry completely.
- Use the same technique to glue mini pom poms to the string, above the pom pom porg. Then, cut two more pieces of string and attach mini pom poms.
- Glue or tie tassels to the end of all 3 pieces of string. Then gather them at the top and tie them around the hook of your stocking.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.