Send a sweet message to the ones you love with this DIY card idea featuring pressed flowers in the shape of Minnie Mouse.
What You’ll Need
- Small flowers and leaves
- Parchment paper
- 2 large books
- White cardstock
- Small paintbrush
- Decoupage glue
How To Make It
- Cut buds and blooms from the flowers you’ve gathered.
- Place them face down onto parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper and crease over the flowers. Place the parchment-encased flowers inside of a large book, then carefully close it.
- Leave the flowers in the book for at least 4-5 days. Place another heavy book on top to help press the flowers really well.
- Cut the cardstock to your preferred size, and fold in half to create a card.
- After 4-5 days, remove the flowers from the book and arrange them into a Minnie shape on the front of the card.
- One by one, add a small dab of decoupage glue onto the back of each flower and press it onto the card.
- Once all of the flowers have been glued down, apply a smooth coat of decoupage glue on top of the flowers to seal them in place.
- Finally, add 2 larger petals or flowers to create Minnie’s bow. Add a dab of decoupage glue to the bottom of each petal, and then apply the final coat to seal.
- Let dry completely before gifting.
All cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 1 month Ago