Got a pretty little latte you want to keep warm? Whether you’re brewing hot coffee or hot cocoa will remain a stylish mystery when you outfit your cup in this Red Coat Cup Cozy.
Time: 40 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Dark red felt
- Red felt
- Elastic cord
- Big button (red)
- 2 small red buttons
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Print the template pieces and cut them out. Trace the templates onto the designated color felt and cut out the pieces.
- Cut a length of elastic cord about 4 inches long. Form a loop with the elastic and sew the ends to the 2nd felt sleeve, on the right end.
- Sew a button on top of the 1st felt sleeve on the right end.
- Glue the 2nd felt sleeve with the elastic to the back of the 1st felt sleeve. The sewed elastic ends should be sandwiched between the two pieces.
- Glue the collar backing to the front, followed by the right and left collars.
- Glue the dark red belt backing just below the center of the sleeve. Glue right belt strap on top of the belt, center right.
- Glue the red belt on top of the back belt. Glue left belt strap on top of the red belt, center left.
- Glue the belt loops, one on the right, one on the left. Sew or glue two small red buttons above the belt, one center right, one center left.
Cutting, gluing and sewing should be done by an adult.
Posted 5 years Ago