With this stand-up paper teapot craft, party-goers can take turns pretending to pour each other a spot of tea. You can even set up a crafting station for kids to decorate their own pots during the party. Simply use the printable template to assemble a teapot base for each guest and then provide colorful scrapbook papers, sparkly faux gems, and stickers to embellish them. When teatime is over, the kids can take their pots home as party favors.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock (solid color)
- Scrapbook paper (printed with a decorative pattern)
- Glue stick
- Small stick-on faux jewels and/or decorative stickers
How To Make It
- Print out the template. Cut out the pieces and use them to cut two teapot bases out of cardstock and two sets of pots and lids out of decorative scrapbook paper.
- Fold the bottom section of the teapot bases along the lines printed on the templates. Glue one teapot base atop the other, leaving the folded sections unglued.
- Then overlap the bottom edges and glue them together, as shown, to form a stand for the teapot.
- Glue a paper lid and pot onto each side of the teapot.
- Then your child can embellish it with faux gems and/or stickers.
Cutting should be done by an adult.