Party-going princesses will have a ball customizing this colorful clutch inspired by Ariel. It’s a great way to recycle old purses or small handbags. If you don’t happen to have any on hand, you’re likely to find a variety at secondhand shops and/or dollar stores.
What You’ll Need
- Small clutches, change purses, or makeup bags
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Shell or other ocean-themed stickers
- Scraps of extra-fine sandpaper or sand-colored craft paper
- Faux pearl stickers
- Faux pearl beads
How To Make It
- To create purses inspired by everyone's favorite Little Mermaid, use glue dots to attach a piece of sandpaper or sand-colored craft paper to the lower portions of vinyl or plastic purses. To give the mini stretch of “beach” a more authentic look, try tearing the edges of the paper instead of cutting them. Little princesses can finish up their creations with a scattering of shell stickers and faux pearls.