Fashioned with Princess Ariel in mind, this fanciful wrist corsage is a great craft to kick off a princess party with an under the sea twist.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Pink and orange felt
- Sewing needle and thread
- Pinch-style clothespin
- A few toothpicks
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Glue dots
- Small stick-on gems
- Faux pearl beads
- Thin ribbon or loops of decorative elastic (for making the wristbands)
How To Make It
- Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the specified shapes from felt.
- For each corsage, layer the petals and pinch the stack on one side to create a ruffled effect, securing it with a clothespin. Hot glue the folded section of felt together and then using a toothpick to insert additional bits of glue between the layers if and where needed.
- For the wristbands, one option is to simply hot glue a button to a loop of decorative sewing elastic or a large stretchy hair tie, and then glue the button to the bottom of the blossom. Or, you can make an adjustable tie by threading thin ribbon or cord through two buttons, and knotting the ends so they can’t slip back through the holes.
- Use glue dots to top bright pink buttons with faux pearl beads, and glue the button to the middle of the blossom.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 5 years Ago