Leia’s fancy hairdo is a fashion must-do for aspiring Star Wars princesses. Any kid can sport Leia’s look by creating this simple headband. Braid yarn and roll it into two buns, then glue the buns to a headband.
Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Brown headband
- Brown yarn
- Brown felt
- Low-temperature glue gun
How To Make It
- Cut two circles of felt, using the template.
- Cut 20 pieces of yarn, each 3 feet in length. Divide in half and tie each bundle with a small piece of yarn. Braid both bundles, tying the ends with a second small piece of yarn.
- Glue the end of one braid to the center of a felt circle using the low-temperature glue gun.
- Slowly wrap the braid, gluing the inside edge of the braid as you wrap.
- When you reach the end of the braid, tuck in the loose end and glue to secure.
- Repeat the process with the second braid and felt circle.
- Cut two small strips of felt.
- Attach each bun to the end of the headband by adding a dab of glue to the felt strips and then attaching these to the felt circles. Do not glue the entire bun to the headband, as you’ll want the ends of the headband to go behind the ears, while the buns fall over them.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.