As the monarch of Pixie Hollow, Queen Clarion’s knowledge of fairy magic surpasses everybody else’s. And, when she arrives at special fairy gatherings, she often materializes out of a cloud of pure pixie dust wearing a beautiful crown designed especially for the occasion. To usher in spring for instance, she dons a ring of delicate white blossoms, among them her favorite flower, the Calla Lily.
Here’s a fun way for your child to turn her favorite flower picks into a pretty spring crown of her own.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Assorted white silk flowers
- Wreath-shaped white headband
- Hot glue gun
- White ribbon
- Twist ties (optional)
How To Make It
- Have your child choose several white flowers to adorn the headband. Cut the stems short (a couple of inches or so from the blossom). Together, try out a few different arrangements by attaching the blossoms to the band with twist ties.
- Once you’ve settled on a favorite arrangement, remove the flowers one at a time and hot glue them back in place.
- When all the flowers are attached, wind ribbon around the band, going between the blossoms to cover and better secure the stems.
- Glue the ends of the ribbon to the band, overlapping them an inch or so, and the crown is ready to wear.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.