Show your party guests that you care by sending them home with this adorable R2-D2 Friendship Pin. Plus it’s a great gift for friends and family members who love droids. After all, astromechs need love too.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- White, blue, black, red, pink, light grey, light blue felt
- Fabric or hot glue
- Jewelry pin backings or velcro dots
How To Make It
- Print the R2-D2 template on cardstock. Cut out all of the pieces. Trace the pieces onto the different colored felt sheets with a pen. Cut out all of the felt pieces.
- Glue the felt pieces together, as shown. Wait for the glue to dry.
Next, place R2-D2 on light blue felt and trace around him (this will be the backing). Cut the backing out and glue it on. Wait for the glue to dry.
- Then, put R2-D2 face down and glue 2 jewelry pins to the back.
1 pin towards the top and 1 pin towards the bottom. Velcro dots make a good alternative if you don’t want to use jewelry pins.
- Now your party guests can fasten their loving R2-D2 to a sweater, bag, or anything else that may need a little flair.
Cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.