Encourage the whole family to wear their inner funky monkey on the outside, too! Recreate the power of The Lion King with this DIY Rafiki Mask.
What You’ll Need
- Grey and white craft foam
- Yellow, dark blue, medium blue, light blue, and red felt
- White faux fur
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Download and print Rafiki Mask Template. Cut out template pieces and pair with corresponding felt colors.
- Pin template pieces to felt and cut out.
- Place the dark blue piece over the entire mask. Next, place the yellow eye pieces, the blue pieces (medium blue, then light blue), the grey fur tuft, the white eyebrows, and the red nose.
- Place the white fur pieces under the white brow, but over the blue pieces. The top fur pieces will be glued onto the back.
- Poke two small holes on opposite sides of the mask in the back.
- Tie a piece of string through each hole. Make sure to measure the length that you or your child will need by trying on the mask and marking the string.
- Paint two nostrils onto the red nose with black paint.
All cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago