On one side, we have Cinderella as a maid in a brown skirt and apron. Poor thing! But a little Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo and a quick flip, and she magically transforms into a princess, ready for the ball!
Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 Large wood craft spools
- Acrylic paint – teal, brown, yellow, light blue, white, black
- 6″ circles t-shirt fabric – brown, light blue (match light blue paint)
- 1″ x 1.5″ t-shirt fabric – white
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Start with two large wooden craft spools. Use acrylic craft paints to make one look like Cinderella the maid and one to look like Cinderella the princess. See the slideshow above for detailed photos of the front, back and profile views of these body pieces.
- Cut 6″ circles from light blue and brown t-shirt knit fabric. With the circles together, fold on side down in half. Place a dab of hot glue right in the center of the bottom piece of fabric, then open the top circle again and press the glue flat. The blue and brown pieces are now joined at the center.
- Fold the joined fabric circles in half together with the blue side out. Flip the princess spool onto her head. Place the folded fabric circle over half of the spool, centering them over the hole and making sure they drape evenly around the sides. Apply hot glue to the exposed surface of the spool. Open the fabric and gently rub the top to secure the bond and flatten the glue. When that side is cool enough, fold over the fabric to the opposite side, exposing the other half of the spool. Again, apply hot glue to the spool, then open the circle of fabric and glue it to the spool.
- The princess body should still be head-side down and the brown fabric should be right-side up. Apply hot glue to the bottom of the maid spool and glue it on top of the brown fabric, ensuring that the maid spool is centered over the princess spool, and when you lift the skirt, the faces line up.
- Separate the skirt fabrics and add more hot glue between the bases of the spools.
- On the maid side, glue on a small square of white t-shirt fabric to the front of the skirt for an apron.
- The flip doll is finished! Flip it over to see the princess doll!
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago