Celebrate summer with this lovely Rapunzel Flower Crown! It makes the perfect accessory for playtime with friends and family. Featuring felt flowers and ribbon hair, it’s sure to last all summer long.
For more Disney fun, check out this Little Mermaid Beach Towel:
What You’ll Need
- Pink, lavender, and green felt
- Hot glue
- Needle and thread
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Yellow yarn
- Spool of gold ribbon
- Crafting jewels
- Rapunzel craft buttons (optional)
How To Make It
- Begin by cutting out your felt flowers and leaves. To make a simple felt rose, cut a wavy spiral out of a circular piece of felt. Roll it together until it forms a rose. Then, secure the end with glue. Set aside.
- To create a daisy, cut 5 petals. Use the needle and thread to create a gathered look by simply threading your needle through the base of the felt about 1/4″ apart. Gently push the petals towards the knotted end of the thread as you go. Once all of the petals are on your thread, squeeze them together and secure them with a knot.
- Create a circular crown by using 2 floral wires and the floral tape. Be sure to measure your little one’s head first to make sure it fits.
- Use about 12 pieces of yellow yarn to create a braid. Set aside.
- Cut several long pieces of gold ribbon—of equal length. Gather the pieces and wrap the ends over the wire crown, using the needle and thread to tack it down. Apply a small dab of glue to prevent the ribbon from sliding around on the crown.
- Cut a thin piece of green felt and use the glue to secure it to the inside of your crown as a base for your flowers.
- Time to decorate! Use the glue to secure flowers and leaves around the front of your crown to create your desired look. Don’t forget to add a flower and 2 leaves to the back of your crown at the top of the ribbon.
- Use the craft jewels for the center of the daisies and wrap the braid around the flowers. Secure with glue.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.