This year, surprise Mom with a special delivery straight from Pixie Hollow — pint-size arrangements that will last the whole year through. Just “pick” up a package or two of colorful flower stickers, and young fairy-fan florists will be in business in no time.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Thread spool (one for a short vase, two for a taller one)
- Strips of colorful scrapbook paper
- Glue dots
- Thin floral stem wires, green craft wire, or thin green pipe cleaners
- Flower stickers (three-dimensional stickers look especially nice)
- Tiny honeybee stickers (optional)
How To Make It
- For the flower “vase,” wrap strips of colorful paper around the center of the thread spool and use glue dots to hold the overlapped edges in place. You can even layer two or more color/patterns, if you like. If you want a tall vase, glue one thread spool atop another, leaving the center holes open for inserting the flower stems.
- To create the flowers, snip the wire or pipe cleaners into the desired lengths for the stems.
Tip: You can also bend a longer length into a V-shape to create pairs of connected flowers.
- Top each stem with a pair of matching flowers stuck together back-to-back with the wire sandwiched between them.
- Arrange the flowers in the thread spool vase, and add two or three honeybee stickers, if you like. Presto! — Your fairy bouquet is ready to present to Mom.
Cutting should be done by an adult.