Sebastian the crab is King Triton’s trusted advisor and Ariel’s guide when she leaves the ocean. Create a felt Sebastian to keep your little mermaid company. Use templates to create Sebastian’s body, claws and face. Red pipe cleaners are used to construct his legs. Your completed Sebastian is pose-able and ready for play!
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Red, maroon, black and white felt
- 5 red pipe cleaners
- Cotton ball
- Low temperature glue gun
How To Make It
- Print the templates, cut them out, and trace them onto the colored felt, as specified on the template.
- Glue a pipe cleaner vertically through the center of Sebastian’s head.
- Glue the chin onto the pipe cleaner and the teeth on top of the chin.
- Glue the mouth and the eyes over the chin and teeth. Glue the bottom lip under the teeth.
- Twist the remaining four pipe cleaners together at the center, and glue them to the red felt circle with a dot of hot glue.
- Place the pipe cleaner with Sebastian’s head in the center of the circle and glue. Trim the end so that it’s flush with the circle.
- Place a cotton ball in the center of the red circle.
- Draw a thin ring of glue around the edge of the maroon circle and glue this on top of the cotton ball and red circle.
- Glue the claw and wrist pieces together. Glue these to the first two pipe cleaners, sandwiching the pipe cleaners between the claws.
- To finish, glue on black felt pupils and trim the "leg" pipe cleaners short. Bend the legs at a 90 degree angle so that Sebastian can stand. Sebastian's head, legs and arms are pose-able.
Cutting should be done by an adult.