Channel the sleepiest of Disney characters with this sleep mask craft inspired by Sleepy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It’s the perfect gift for that special someone whose life is full of naps, or at least, hopeful of naps. Pair with your favorite bedtime stories from Disney Books.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper
- Blue, ivory, pink and black felt
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Draw a sleep mask onto regular paper. Cut out and test the size against your face or your child’s face. Try again and adjust the shape as needed. This will be the template for your sleep mask.
- Once you’ve created the sleep mask template, use it to cut out 2 pieces of ivory colored felt.
- Cut two small holes on either end of one of the sleep mask layers. Tie the elastic strap onto each end. Add the second layer of ivory felt on top of the first piece. Hot glue the second layer over the elastic strap knots to hide them.
- Draw Sleepy’s additional details onto regular paper and create templates as you did with the sleep mask step. We recommend doing this in order to make the most precise sleep mask. You’ll need: two large eyelids, a small nose, and a blue nightcap.
- Cut out two large eyelids from pink felt.
- To create the eyelashes, cut out two strips of black felt the same width of the eyelids. Make small cuts along one edge of each black felt piece, making a fringe effect.
- Hot glue the felt eyelashes onto the pink felt eyelids.
- Cut out a small pink nose from ivory felt.
- Cut out a nightcap from blue felt.
- Hot glue all of the felt pieces onto the mask. Let dry completely before wearing.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.