If your Star Wars-loving family is looking for decor to add to your kiddo’s room, this name sign inspired by SOLO: A Star Wars Story is it! Have them pick their favorite characters, then craft out-of-this-world wall letters that appear to be from a galaxy far, far away.
Check out SOLO: A Star Wars Story on Digital, Movies Anywhere, and Blu-ray.
For more Disney magic, check out these DIYs for toddlers:
What You’ll Need
- Wooden wall letters
- Faux fur
- White crayon
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue
- Faux leather
- Millennium Falcon template
How To Make It
- Make the Chewbacca-inspired letter: Trace your letter shape onto the back of the faux fur using a white crayon, cut it out, and make sure it fits over the top of the letter.
- Paint the sides of your letter a matching brown shade. Then let it dry, and attach the fur to the top with glue.
- Measure and cut a strap of the faux leather to form Chewbacca’s bandolier. Paint the foam silver, then once dry, cut small pieces, and attach them to the strap in the pattern shown. Then attach the bandolier to the fur letter. Let it dry completely.
- Make the Han Solo-inspired letter: Trace your letter shape onto the back of the faux leather (creating Han’s leather jacket) using a white crayon. Then cut it out and make sure it fits over the top of your letter.
- Paint the letter a dark teal color, let it dry, and attach the leather over just the top portion. Add thin strips of black foam along the bottom (for his belt) and panels at the top (for his shoulders). Create Han’s belt buckle by tracing a wide hexagon shape of (painted) silver foam and attaching it to the letter. Let it dry completely.
- Make the Lando-inspired letter: Paint the letter a bright yellow, and let it dry.
- Create a cape for the letter by tracing triangular shapes onto black (collar) and blue (bottom portion) fabric. Glue the seams together and attach the cape to the letter. Add an extra triangular panel to the front of the letter. Let it dry completely.
- Make the Millennium Falcon-themed letter: Paint your letter a dark shade of blue, add white stars, and let it dry.
- Download, print, and cut out the Millennium Falcon template. Then use it as a stencil to create a Millennium Falcon-shaped piece of foam. Attach it to the letter. Let it dry completely.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.