Switch things up for St. Patrick’s Day. Instead of the usual leprechaun, how about a shamrock shaped monster inspired by Monsters, Inc.? These adorable green monsters are a great way to pass on some luck!
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock in shades of green
- Scrapbook paper or card stock in green patterns
- Green yarn
- Googly eyes
- 2 small silver pom poms
- Black marker
- White craft glue
- Glue stick
How To Make It
- Fold card stock into cards. Use solid colored card stock for patterned monsters.
- For the yarn monster, draw lines with white craft glue directly onto the front of the card. Cut yarn into pieces and place onto glue lines.
- Use the pattern provided to cut out monster shapes from patterned scrapbook paper. Use a glue stick to attach them to the front of the cards.
- Add features and embellishments using googly eyes, markers, pom poms, and scrap paper.
For the ghost shaped monster I drew two antennae with a marker and glued silver pom poms to the ends. I drew lines on white scrap paper to create the teeth, cut them out and added them with glue stick. I finished him off with a large yellow googly eye.
For the shamrock monster I cut teeth and sharp claws from white scrap paper and added them with a glue stick. I traced around everything with a fine point black marker (optional) and drew on eyebrows and mouth. Finished him off with monster googly eyes.
For the yarn monster I drew a big bushy eyebrow hovering above his body and added a jumbo sized googly eye.
Cutting should be done by an adult.