Add a touch of magic to your family’s fridge (or notes to your young Jedi) with Star Wars characters!
Using bottle caps and a little bit of paint, you can transform this ordinary household item into Star Wars Tsum Tsum Magnets that are out of this world.
For more Disney magic, try these Chewie Chews & Blue Milk:
What You’ll Need
- Bottle caps
- Craft foam
- Ballpoint pen
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Start by painting a white base on all 5 caps. Let dry. Then paint their primary color on top. Paint Yoda green, leave the stormtrooper white, C-3PO should be gold, R2-D2 silver, and the Ewok brown. Let dry.
- Next, cut 5 circles out of the foam small enough to fit inside the bottle cap. This way, the magnets will stick out farther than the edges of the back of the bottle caps.
- Add character details to each with a pen.
- Color in the rest using paint. Let dry.
- For Yoda and the Ewok’s ears, cut out the shapes from the craft foam, glue onto the caps, and paint. Let dry.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the foam piece of each. Let dry completely, then use!
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.