Planning a celebration with your littlest Mickey and Minnie fans? Make these adorable party glasses inspired by Mickey Mouse’s classic cartoon debut, Steamboat Willie. They’re perfect for birthday parties, playing dress up, and photo booth fun.
Be sure to share all of your Disney DIY photos with us on Instagram by tagging @DisneyFamily!
What You’ll Need
- Mickey Mouse template
- Round plastic costume glasses for kids
- Craft paper or construction paper (black, white, grey)
- Hot glue
- Glue stick
- Pipe cleaner
How To Make It
- Download and print Mickey Mouse template. Cut out.
- Trace glasses onto black craft paper. Place Mickey template at corner of each circle of the glasses and trace the Mickey ear. Cut out the entire piece and hot glue to the glasses.
- Place glasses on top of grey craft paper. Draw hat shape and cut out. Place hat shape on black craft paper. Draw the shape of the top of hat and cut out. Draw the badge on the front of the hat onto white craft paper and cut out. Glue all of the pieces together to assemble the hat onto the glasses.
- To create the Minnie version, draw Minnie’s hat on grey craft paper and cut out. Draw a flower on white craft paper and cut out. Hot glue the hat onto the glasses. Add a pipe cleaner, and hot glue the paper flower on the end.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult. Be sure to let all of the hot glue cool and set before wearing.