Make it the best. day. ever. for your little book worm with this DIY Tangled Bookmark.
All you need is an elastic headband, felt, and glue — and your kiddo will be off to read a book, or maybe two or three.
For a Tangled-themed treat, watch this Rapunzel-inspired recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What You’ll Need
- Small scissors
- Felt sheets and scraps (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white, purple, tan, and black)
- Hot glue gun and glue (or fabric glue for little crafters)
- Embroidery thread and needle (optional)
- Mason jar lid
- Elastic headband
How To Make It
- Cut out the primary felt shapes: 1 tan kidney bean shape for the paint palette, 1 simple chameleon shape (think a “B” with a tail) for Pascal, and 2 small daisies.
- Cut out secondary felt shapes: 5 rainbow circles to represent each paint color, 1 large white circle and one small black circle for Pascal’s eye, 1 small red “J” shape for a tongue, and 2 small yellow circles for the daisies.
- Glue or sew primary shapes to your purple felt sheet. If gluing, let dry.
- Using a mason jar lid, trace a circle around your shapes and trim.
- Cut headband in half and hot glue to each side of your felt patch.
- Stretch around book page to save your spot.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.