Growing up in China, Mulan would have spent many an hour playing with Tangrams, an ancient paper puzzle created by cutting a square into 7 geometric shapes that can be arranged into all sorts of interesting images. Like a sassy cat, for instance, that sits pretty on a homemade card for Mom or Grandma.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Scrapbook paper
- Markers or sticker letters
How To Make It
- Print the templates. Cut out the pieces and trace them onto a sheet of scrapbook paper. Cut out the tracings.
- Fold an 8 by 12-inch piece of contrasting scrapbook paper, and fold it in half to make a card.
- Arrange the tangram puzzle pieces, as shown, to create a cat on the face of the card. Glue the pieces in place. Then cut out two pink paper triangles for the cat’s inner ears and glue them in place.
- Use the markers or stickers to add the greeting To the Purr-fect Mom. (Note: If you’ve used a dark shade of scrapbook paper for your card, glue a small piece of lighter paper to one corner and print the words on it.)
Cutting should be done by an adult.