Print your own set of “charming” leaves and turn them into bracelets, hair pins, or zipper pulls for your friends and family!
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Printed charms
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Clear nail polish
- Cardboard or spatula
How To Make It
- Print the charms on shrink paper and cut them out.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the holes in the stems before you bake them.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let the nail polish dry.
- Add the charms to whatever you’d like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach them to a cell phone charm strap or zipper pulls. You can also glue charms to barrettes and hair pins.
Posted 9 years Ago