OoooOOooo! This Toy Story Alien Pom Pom Garland is out of this world easy! Bring the cuteness of these Tsum Tsum Aliens to a party, or use it as decor for your kid’s room.
Enter for a chance to visit the new Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World. Click here to learn more.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Sweepstakes between 7/9/18 at 12:00 PM PDT and 8/9/18 at 12:00 PM PDT. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18+ at time of entry. Limit 1 entry per person per day. See Official Rules for full details on how to enter, eligibility requirements, odds of winning, prize descriptions and limitations. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. © Disney/Pixar
For more Disney-themed party decor, try making an Up-Inspired Photo Backdrop:
Time: Toy Story Alien Pom Pom Garland
What You’ll Need
- Pom pom maker, in desired size
- Green yarn
- Light green, dark green, black, and white felt
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Using a pom pom maker, start by wrapping yarn around one of the arms (the pink portion). Go back and forth along the arm until it’s nice and full.
- Without cutting off the yarn, close that arm, then continue wrapping around the second arm. Then close that arm and trim off the yarn.
- Take a pair of scissors and cut along the middle of each arm all the way around. Take a separate piece of yarn and wrap it around the middle of the maker. Pull it tightly, knot once and as tight as you can, then make a second knot to hold it.
- Open the arms. Then pop open the maker by pulling on each circular side (the white portion). Trim up the pom pom as needed, but don’t cut the extra long pieces that are tied around the middle.
- Repeat to make as many pom poms as you want!
- Cut off a long piece of yarn to string the pom poms onto. Use the extra long pieces of yarn on each pom pom to tie them onto the garland.
- Once they are all tied on, hold up the garland to determine the “front” of the pom poms. This way you can place the facial features where they will be seen best.
- Using light green felt, cut out 2 ears and an antenna for each pom pom. Using white and black felt, cut out three eyes. Using darker green felt, cut out different shapes for the mouths.
- Use hot glue to attach all the felt pieces.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult. And if you don’t have a pom pom maker, find out how to make one by hand here.