Any trick-or-treaters that walk past your house this Halloween will say “OOooOOOooh” after taking one glance at this galactic door decor! Using a few simple materials, you can transform the front of your home into Pizza Planet. Complete the look with a bunch of Alien pumpkins and a DIY doormat—you can’t go wrong! Scroll through for instructions on how to create this fun Toy Story Door Decor.
What You’ll Need
- Red, gray, and white poster board
- Double-sided tape
- Glow-in-the-dark stars
- Glue dots
- White and red paint
How To Make It
- Cut out red poster board to line the door frame. Then attach the pieces to the door with double-sided tape.
- Cut out 2 large teardrop shapes from the red poster board and attach them to either side of your door with tape.
- Add a semicircle at the top of your door frame with tape, to create the top of the rocket.
- To build The Claw, cut strips from the gray and black poster board and staple them together to create a looped chain. Attach it to the door with a thumbtack.
- Cut 2 rectangular strips of black poster board for the base of The Claw. Add a piece of wire between them. Then create 2 rectangular and 3 claw-like shapes of gray poster board. (Cut 1 semicircle, trim the edges to create a point, then add 1 triangle that curves outward on the door). Attach the pieces together with tape. Then add The Claw to the door with a thumbtack.
- Attach glue dots to the back of the glow-in-the-dark stars and stick them to the front of the door.
- For the doormat, replicate the Pizza Planet logo using the red and white paint. Place the dried doormat in front of your door. Add Toy Story Alien Pumpkins for extra flair.
All cutting and stapling should be done by an adult.