Yee-haw! Your little one can channel Jessie’s free-spirited cowgirl style with a fun DIY costume. All you need is a collared shirt, old pair of jeans, some paint, and accessories. A horse wouldn’t hurt either!
This DIY Jessie Costume makes for an adorable Toy Story-inspired weekend of dress up or for Halloween.
For another Toy Story craft, watch this Jessie and Bullseye Ring Toss tutorial:
What You’ll Need
- White collared shirt
- Yellow, white, and black fabric paint
- White and yellow felt
- Red puffy fabric paint
- Felt glue
- Accessories: cowgirl hat, belt, and boots
How To Make It
- Using the shoulder and arms seams of the white shirt as a guideline, paint the top third with yellow fabric paint. Use a scalloped design on the bottom edge. Let dry.
- Cut two strips of yellow felt long enough to wrap around the cuff of the sleeve, about 4 inches wide.
- Using the red puffy paint, apply Jessie’s swirl design to one edge of the yellow felt cuffs. Let dry.
- Paint the legs of the jeans white — leaving the top portion uncovered just like Jessie’s. Let dry.
- Once the top of the shirt is dry, use the red paint to apply the swirl design on top and outline the scalloped bottom edge. Set aside to dry.
- Add black cow spots to the jeans. You can’t go wrong here, just act like you’re painting black clouds in various sizes. And let dry.
- Use the felt glue to attach the yellow cuffs to each sleeve, overlapping the edges in a deep ‘v.’ This creates the cone shape of the cuff. The red painted design should be toward the forearm, away from the wrist.
- Accessorize with a red cowgirl hat, large brown belt, boots, and a horse (optional).
All cutting should be done by an adult.