During the holidays, we love the idea of decorating Christmas trees – big or small – around a theme, like a favorite movie or Disney character. In honor of this weekend’s #DisneyWeekend theme, this tree topper craft is inspired by our love for Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story. What better way to top a tree than with the iconic Luxo Ball? Along with classic ornaments, we filled the tree with Buzz, Woody, and all of their friends from Andy’s bedroom. Keep reading to learn how to make your own Toy Story tree topper.
Don’t miss all three of Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story films airing this Saturday as a part of 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform.
What You’ll Need:
- Red, yellow and blue construction paper
- Gold holiday stems
- Large floral wire
- Hot glue
- Wire cutters
How To Make It:
1. Start by cutting out a large blue circle and a slightly smaller yellow circle. Use mason jar lids or cups of different sizes to trace out perfect circles!
3. Choose 4 gold stems to create your starburst. You will need one of them to have a longer stem.
5. Next, twist floral wire lightly around a pencil to make a spiral. As you remove the pencil, slightly loosen the spiral. Trim off excess wire with wire cutters.
6. Carefully hot glue the spiral stem to the longest gold stem in your starburst. Let dry. Hold in place until completely set.
7. Glue the Luxo Ball onto the center of the starburst. Once set, place on top of your tree!