This is one Recognizer you can actually enjoy being close to.
Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Craft knife (or scissors)
- Glue or double-sided tape
How To Make It
- Print out the Recognizer on regular paper or card stock and cut out all of the pieces. Do not cut along the dashed lines — this is where you will fold the paper.
- Starting with the main body, use a craft knife to cute the lined area in the isosceles trapezoid shapes. For the trapezoid that has white tabs, cut a slit along the blue lines and then bend the tabs inward after removing the lined area.
- Make all of the folds away from you except where indicated. Following the contour of the shape, glue the A tabs to the front piece of the Recognizer, the B tabs to the back piece, the C tabs to the back piece, and finally, the D tabs to the front piece and the E tabs to the edges to close the main body of the Recognizer.
- Before folding the left and right wings, glue the A tabs on the right wing to the inside, right side of the left wing. Make sure the design lines up correctly.
- Use a craft knife to cut the lined area in the isosceles trapezoid shapes in teach wing. For the trapezoid that has white tabs, cut a slit along the blue lines and then bend the tabs inward after removing the lined area.
- Make all of the folds away from you except where indicated. Fold each wing in half and glue the B tabs to the inside. Next glue the C tabs while tucking the D tabs inside the middle of the completed wing.
- Make all of the folds in each leg away from you. Glue the A tabs to the inside of the bottom of the leg. Glue the C tab to the inside of the leg. Close the top of the leg by gluing the D tabs to the inside of the leg. Don’t glue the B tabs now, you will use them to attach the feet to the legs later.
- Carefully insert each leg into the sides of the completed wings and main body The wings should cover the lower gray line on each leg and the main body should cover the top gray line.
- Take each foot and make all of the folds away from you. Glue the A and B tabs to the inside of the foot. Close the foot by gluing the C tabs to the back of the foot. Repeat these steps for the other foot.
- Flip structure upside down to attach feet to legs. Glue B tabs (at bottom of legs) to the gray area on each foot. The feet should point inwards.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago