This Father’s Day, help your little one craft a gift Dad will never forget. Complete with balloons and Carl’s 3D house—with a personal message inside—this Up Father’s Day gift is sure to put a smile on any dad’s face!
For more Disney fun, check out this Up-Inspired Photo Backdrop:
What You’ll Need
- Printable Up 3D House
- Printable Up Figures
- Hole punch
- Small balloons
- Glue stick or hot glue
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Large box with lid
How To Make It
- Download and print the templates.
- Start by creating your 3D house. Follow the instruction on the PDF, but cut off the tabs on the front porch to create a little flap. Punch a hole at the top of the chimney and don’t attach it yet.
- Cut out the printable figures. Cut around them, but leave a small portion towards the top of each, then punch out a hole. These will be your gift tags!
- Blow up 4-5 small balloons. Let air out as needed to achieve the desired size. Make sure once they’re all inflated that they fit in your box.
- Tie a string to each balloon, then knot them together.
- String them all into the hole in the chimney. Knot them on the other side, trim, then pull through.
- Glue the chimney onto the roof. Hot glue is recommended to hold it all together better, but a glue stick will also work.
- Cut out a small, rectangular piece of paper and write out your note.
- Roll it up tightly and tie a bow around it with string or ribbon. Then, put the note inside the house using your front flap.
- Use ribbon or string to wrap up the box and add your gift tags.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.