Time to fill Up those Easter baskets! Here’s a new way to decorate with plastic eggs: use them to give a little lift to your gift basket. It’s the perfect spring way to pay tribute to our favorite Disney•Pixar home. Don’t forget to add some treats and lots of love!
For more Disney fun, try this Up-Inspired Photo Backdrop:
What You’ll Need
- Colorful, pastel paper
- Hot glue
- Colorful, plastic Easter eggs
- Blue basket
- Paper filling, candies, and other goodies for the basket
How To Make It
- Start by cutting out the pieces for the house. For the roof, you’ll need a dark grey, peach, blue, and light grey piece. Assemble.
- For the rest of the house, you’ll need peach, light green, yellow, blue, pink, and light grey. Don’t forget a brown door and light grey window for the front! Assemble.
- Set the house aside for now, and start gluing the plastic eggs to the handle of the basket. As you go, glue the eggs to each other as well as to the basket.
- Turn the basket over once they’re all on, and add more glue to the backs to help reinforce them.
- Count the eggs along the bottom row. That’s how many pieces of string you’ll need.
- Cut that many pieces and glue one end to each of the eggs along the bottom row. Glue the string slightly on the backside of the egg so you don’t see the glue from the front.
- Next, glue the house onto the front of the basket. Glue it on while the basket is sitting on a flat surface, that way you’ll know the house is even with the bottom of the basket.
- Gather the ends of the strings and glue them all together onto the back of the chimney.
- Finally, fill up the basket with decor and treats!
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.