Warm weather is here, so it’s time to flex that green thumb of yours! We can never have enough flowers around the house, so we thought it would be absolutely adorable to create a planter shaped like the colorful Up house with flowers ballooning from the top. This Up Planter may take a little bit of work, but it’s definitely well worth the effort. It’s sure to bring a smile to your little one’s face.
For more Disney•Pixar fun, check out this Up-Inspired Photo Backdrop:
What You’ll Need
- 16 Oz. white polymer clay
- Rolling pin
- Plastic knife
- Acrylic paints
How To Make It
- Roll out the polymer clay to 1/4″ thick. Using a plastic knife, cut one 5×4″ rectangle, two 4×3″ rectangles, one 5×3″ rectangle, and one 5×6″ rectangle. Cut a roof shape on top of the 5×6″ rectangle.
- Use the straw to poke 2 holes in the 5×4″ rectangle. This allows for drainage.
- On the 5×6″ rectangle, use the plastic knife to add house details, like the roof and the top left window.
- Time to assemble your house! Lay the 5×4″ rectangle flat on a foil-lined baking sheet. Use your knife to score the edges. Then, score the bottom of the 4×3″ rectangles and firmly press into the sides of the 5×4″ rectangle. Prop up the walls with wads of tinfoil.
- Score the other rectangles and press into the other sides of the planter. Smooth out the edges with your finger.
- Firmly stuff the planter with bundles of tinfoil to keep the walls from collapsing.
- With the remaining clay, cut out 2 thin bars to create the roof shingles. Cut out more shapes to create the house’s dormer window. Score to attach to the wall with the roof.
- Preheat the oven to 275° F. Bake planter for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Once cooled, paint the planter to match Carl and Ellie’s beautiful house. Let dry.
- Fill with soil and flowers. Enjoy!
All cutting and oven use should be done by an adult.