Up, up, and away! Watch Carl and Russell float off on their adventure with your very own 3D balloon-propelled house.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Scissors or craft knife
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Pipe cleaners (optional)
- Small balloons (optional)
How To Make It
- Print out all of the pages on cardstock or regular paper. (Set aside the balloon page for later.) Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out each piece of the house. Do not cut along the dashed lines — these lines are where you will fold the paper.
- Start with the main piece of the house. Fold each dotted line of the house and tabs away from you. You will begin to see how the folded parts fit together to form the shape of the house. Glue each tab to the inside of the house. Repeat this step with the left wing and right wing of the house. (Set aside the chimney and foundation for later.) You will notice with the left and right wing pieces that one side is left open. This is where you will attach it to the main piece of the house.
- Glue the left wing to the left side of the main house piece. The piece lines up with a grayed-out area in the design on the main house piece. Repeat this step for the right wing of the house.
- Take the foundation and attach it to the bottom of all three house pieces.
- Fold the page with the balloons along the dashed line so that the balloons are on the outside of the folded page. Open the page back up enough to spread glue on the inside. Make sure your balloons are lined up as much as possible when you refold the paper and press down firmly. Cut out the balloons.
- Take the chimney and make each fold away from you on the dashed lines. Glue the balloons to the inside of one of the narrower sides to the chimney. Complete the chimney by gluing the tabs on the side and top. Glue the chimney to the left wing of the house.
- Attach a string to the balloons and hang the house from the ceiling. You can also make your own balloons for the house by using pipe cleaners for strings and small balloons or pom-poms.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago