If you’re like us, you’ve definitely printed out one too many coloring pages over the course of a week. Rather than flipping them over and using them for notepaper, here’s an fun way to recycle leftover coloring pages by using them as a template. Create a silhouetted scene on an old lampshade to add some Disney magic to your child’s bedroom or play room. They’ll be delighted!
This year marks the 75th anniversary for the animated classic Disney film, Bambi. To celebrate, the film will be joining the Walt Disney Signature Collection, now on Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere. Own the film on Blu-ray™ June 6. This new release will offer bonus materials, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes interviews and commentary, and a special tribute to the amazing talent of artist Tyrus Wong, who inspired the look and feel of this beloved film.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Black construction paper or cardstock
- Printable coloring pages
- Hot Glue
- Lamp with large, light-colored lampshade
How To Make It
- Download and print out a coloring page of your choice.
- Cut out each of the characters and surrounding details that you would like to include in the scene on your lampshade. For our lampshade, we chose Bambi, Thumper, Flower, a little butterfly, and a few birds.
- Using a pencil, trace around each character or extra detail onto black paper.
- Cut out the shapes.
- Add very small dots of glue to the front side of each shape. Press shapes firmly to the inside of the lampshade to attach.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.