Inspired by the movie: The Little Mermaid
Be you a mermaid who’s lost her voice or simply someone who tends to get tongue-tied when it comes to delivering valentine wishes, this sweet school is ready to swim to the rescue. Made entirely out of paper hearts, each fish is designed to get the message across whether your child chooses to write on a personal note or just hand it out as is.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Scrapbook paper
- Scraps of red paper
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
How To Make It
- Print out the templates and cut out the pieces.
- For each fish, use the smaller of the heart templates to cut out one pair of scrapbook paper hearts for the head and a second pair from a different color or patterned paper for the tail. Use the larger template to cut out two hearts for the body.
- Glue the two body hearts together, matching up all the edges.
- Glue the two head hearts together in the same way, sandwiching the front end of the body between the rounded edges as shown.
- Glue the two tail hearts together and sandwich the opposite end of the body between the tips.
- Cut out a pair of tiny hearts from the red paper for the mouth and glue them in place on the front and flip sides of the fish. Glue a googly eye onto each side as well.
Cutting should be done by an adult.