Halloween is just around the corner, and this simple DIY will have you racing for your craft supplies! A velvet headband with a licorice-like tie and felt candy will transform your little one into Vanellope von Schweetz. Add a teal and black ensemble with this Vanellope Headband and they’ll be ready for some trick-or-treating. What a sweet look for your sweet one!
After the spooktacular season, have your little Vanellope wear this accessory for a fun family outing to see Ralph Breaks the Internet in theaters on November 21.
Scroll through to learn how to make this glitch-free craft.
For more Disney magic, check out these DIYs for toddlers:
What You’ll Need
- Red yarn
- Red pipe cleaner
- Fabric scissors
- Black velvet baby or child headband
- Needle and thread
- Felt in varying colors
How To Make It
- Wrap red yarn around a red pipe cleaner to imitate licorice. Tie it off and trim the edges.
- Twist the “licorice” around the center of the headband, then sew simple stitches to hold it in place.
- Cut candy pieces from colored felt (hearts, stars, dots, etc.).
- Hand sew your “candy” onto the sides of the headband with simple stitches.
- Have your kiddo wear it with a ponytail of their own. Happy trick-or-treating!
All cutting and sewing should be done by an adult.