Sponsored ad content courtesy of HP.
This Halloween, give Disney Villains the wicked spotlight in your home. Our printable templates make it easy to display the iconic silhouettes of your family’s favorite dastardly villains. Choose from Scar from The Lion King, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, or Jafar from Aladdin, or create them all!
Creating Halloween fun at home has never been easier thanks to HP. Through the ease of HP Mobile Printing, you can quickly print from your smart phone or tablet to start your holiday crafting!
For this Disney Villains-inspired craft, re-use an old picture frame, or pick one up at a thrift store. Paint the frame with spooky colors, highlighting the scenes from the film. For Maleficent, we chose purple and black paints.
To finish your silhouette craft, create a stand from cardboard, add a flameless tea light, and prop up on your mantle or front porch!
See the full video tutorial here:
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Old or new wooden picture frame
- Acrylic paints
- Craft knife
- Craft mat
- Cardboard box
- Paper towel roll
- Flameless tea light
How To Make It
- Apply a light coat of paint to wooden picture frame to give it a weathered look. Let dry.
- Print Disney Villains Silhouettes templates on cardstock.
- Measure and trim template to fit the frame. Once sized, carefully cut out the silhouette using a craft knife and cutting mat. Glue into frame.
- If your frame doesn’t have one already, create a stand cutting a rectangular-shaped piece of cardboard and two triangle shapes. Glue pieces together. Optional: Paint black.
- Trim a paper towel roll to a one-inch height. Glue onto cardboard base. Optional: Paint black.
- Place a flameless tea light inside of the paper towel roll and watch your guests delight in the spooky silhouettes.
All cutting should be done by an adult.