Every year around Earth Day, we love to re-watch Disney•Pixar’s WALL-E. The film shares such an incredible message about caring for our planet (cute plant-holding robot included) and inspires us to whip up Earth-friendly crafts. You can teach the little ones in your life about protecting nature with a viewing party of your own filled with ways they can repurpose household items into art. Keep reading to find out how to set up your own rock painting craft activity!
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Acrylic Paint Set (Yellow, Black, White, Blue, and Green)
- 2 Rocks, best if one side has a flat surface
- Medium-sized flat paintbrush
- Small pointed paintbrush
- Cup of water to clean brushes
- Paper towel
- Newspaper to cover your workspace
How To Make It
- Paint one rock yellow, and one rock white with your medium-sized brush. You may need to paint 3-4 coats to fully coat. Let dry between layers.
- Once the paint is dry, use your smaller brush to paint a black semi-circle for EVE’s face. Mix black and white to make grey paint, and paint WALL-E’s eyes and arms in white and grey. Let dry.
- Use your small paintbrush to paint EVE’s blue eyes, and a green circle on her chest. Also with your small brush, paint black stripes on WALL-E’s arms and black crescents for his eyes. Let dry.
- If you want to add even more detail, once your paint is completely dry, add a white shine mark to WALL-E’s eyes and dark grey highlights around them.