The cooler days of winter call for 2 things: hot tea and lots of crafting! Cozy up indoors with your favorite films on Disney+, and make these adorable DIY coasters inspired by Winnie the Pooh. All you need are cork tiles, acrylic paints, and decoupage glue! Keep reading to learn how to make your own!
What You’ll Need
- Thin cork tiles
- Black felt tip pen
- White, yellow, and black acrylic paint
- Decoupage glue
How To Make It
- Use a pen to draw a Winnie the Pooh outline onto the cork. (We took inspiration from the Winnie the Pooh Tsum Tsum shape.) Cut out the shapes. Note: Depending on how thick the cork is, you may need heavy-duty scissors.
- Paint a white base coat onto each coaster. Let dry completely. Add a layer of yellow paint. The paint tends to soak into the cork, so you may need two coats of yellow. Let dry completely.
- Once dry, draw Winnie the Pooh’s facial features onto each coaster. Paint over the pen, using a thin brush and black paint.
- Once all of the paint is dry, cover the entire coaster in a coat of decoupage glue to help keep your design sealed. Let dry completely overnight before using.
All cutting should be done by an adult.