What better decor to add to your baby’s nursery than this adorable, plush Winnie the Pooh Embroidery?! That tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff is sure to make your little one smile.
For more Winnie the Pooh fun, try these cupcake cones:
What You’ll Need
- Winnie the Pooh embroidery template
- Fabric glue
- 8 x 8″ cotton fabric
- Water soluble stabilizer (fabric that dissolves in water)
- 6″ hoop
- Sewing pins
- Heavy embroidery thread
- Fine embroidery thread
- Yellow plush fabric (like minky)
- Embroidery needles
How To Make It
- Download and print the template.
- Cut the individual pieces out on page 4—including the head, feet, and ears. Use a marker to trace the shapes onto your plush fabric and cut them out.
- Apply fabric glue onto the plush fabric pieces and place them onto the cotton fabric, in Pooh’s shape.
- Trace Winnie the Pooh’s face onto the water soluble stabilizer. To do this, use the template on page 3.
- Place the fabric into the hoop and secure the water soluble stabilizer with pins.
- Embroider Winnie the Pooh’s face using heavy thread. Follow the guide on the template.
- Back stitch for his eyebrows and crinkle above his nose.
- Then use a satin stitch for his eyes and nose.
- Using the fine thread, create an outline with a buttonhole stitch.
- Remove the hoop, wash the craft by hand, and lie it flat to dry.
- Finish the back with fabric glue. Put the craft onto the hoop and leave about a 1/2″ of overhanging fabric. Run glue around the hoop and apply the fabric.
- It’s done! Now you can hang it on a wall or place it on a shelf.
All cutting, pinning, and sewing should be done by an adult.