Don’t throw that paper grocery bag away! Why not repurpose it into an adorable envelope full of sweet treats—to let someone special know you’re thinking of them?
Decorate it to look like one of the cute characters you would find in the Hundred Acre Wood. Talk about a perfect way to celebrate a loved one (perhaps for Mother’s Day!) and be eco-friendly!
For more Disney magic, try this Winnie the Pooh Beehive Birdhouse:
What You’ll Need
- Paper grocery bag
- Felt tip pen
- Craft glue or tape
- Black paper
- Small, individually wrapped candies
- String (optional)
How To Make It
- Start by cutting out a large heart from the paper bag. To make it symmetrical, fold a large piece of the paper in half, then cut out half of a heart, unfold it, and it will be even on both sides!
- Fold down the two sides of the heart.
- Turn it upside down, then fold the bottom half upwards.
- Finally, fold the top down. Now you have your envelope!
- Cut out various pieces from the bag to make Winnie the Pooh’s ears and feet, Eeyore’s ears, hair, and feet, and Piglet’s ears and feet. Use tape or glue to attach the pieces.
- Use a pencil to draw where you want their facial features to go. Then, go back over them with a pen.
- Cut out Pooh and Piglet’s noses from black paper to keep the envelopes closed. For Eeyore, roll up a small piece of tape and place it under the lid to keep it closed without seeing the tape.
- Write notes and place them inside the envelopes with a little treat! You can also add string to tie up the little packages if you like!
All cutting should be done by an adult.