Did you know… the character dining at Ariel’s Grotto on Paradise Pier in the Disney California Adventure® Park is one of the best ways to meet and greet the Disney Princesses? You and your family can enjoy lunch or dinner and watch the participating Disney Princesses make their way through the dining room and over to your table. Gather your aspiring little princesses and princes for autographs and photographs for a magical experience.
Bring the charm of the magical moment to bracelets, zippers, and key chains with these easy and fun to make shrink charms.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- White or clear shrink paper for inkjet printers
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Clear nail polish
- Jump rings
- Cardboard or spatula (optional)
How To Make It
- Print the charms on shrink paper and cut them out.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. If you want to attach the charm to a barrette or pin, simply cut under the hole to remove it. You can also cut off the white border if you wish for the charm to be completely in color.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let the nail polish dry.
- Add the charms to whatever you’d like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach them to a cell phone charm strap or zipper pulls. You can also glue charms to barrettes and hair pins.
Cutting and baking should be done by an adult.