You can build this Gus Cutie Papercraft and take him on your own adventures. Just watch out for Lucifer the cat!
Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Glue or double-sided tape
How To Make It
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock and cut out each piece.
- Starting with the head, use a craft knife to cut out the square at the bottom where indicated. Make all folds along dashed lines. Refold the dashed line going through Gus’ eyes toward you. Continue this fold on all sides of Gus’ head. Using glue or double-sided tape, secure all A tabs to the back of their corresponding pieces. Continue to secure the tabs in alphabetical order. Close Gus’ head with the E tabs, sealing the top of his head like a lid. Fold all F tabs to the inside of Gus’ head to complete the shape.
- For Gus’ body, make all folds along the dashed lines. Refold the dashed line at Gus’ neck toward you. Continue this fold on all sides of Gus’ body. Secure all tabs to the back of their corresponding pieces, starting with the G tabs. Now you can slip Gus’ head onto his neck. Be sure to line up the front pieces.
- Fold one of Gus’ feet in half so the design is double-sided. Butterfly the tabs and glue the two sides together. Note: Do not secure the tabs together. Secure the tabs to one side of Gus’ body so the feet are flush with the bottom of his body. Repeat this step with the other foot, securing it to the opposite side.
- Fold one of Gus’ ears in half and secure the backs together, then butterfly the tabs. Secure the tabs to the side of Gus’ head, near the front of his face. Repeat this step with the second ear.
- Fold back the tab on the hair. Secure the tab to the top of Gus’ head, close to the front.
- Finally, fold Gus’ hat in half. Secure the backs together, then butterfly the tabs. Secure the hat to Gus’ head, just behind his hair.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago