Now you can create your own adventures at home with your very own Merida paper doll! Let the passionate, fiery princess inspire your little one, and maybe even change her fate.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Brown string
How To Make It
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock. Cut out each piece with a craft knife or scissors. Do not cut along the dashed lines — this is where you will fold the paper.
- Line up Merida’s back with her torso and glue them together so the design is two-sided. After the glue has dried, fold the bottom part of Merida’s torso towards you along the blue dashed line. Then, fold Merida’s face away from you along the gold line across her shoulders.
- Take Merida’s chest piece and fold along each dashed line. Make each fold away from you. Glue the G tab and F tab to the back, white side of Merida’s chest.
- Spread glue on the H tab of Merida’s chest and press it into place on the H area on Merida’s torso. Make sure her shoulders are lined up correctly.
- After the glue dries, add glue to the I, J, K, and L tabs and press them into place. Hold the pieces together until the glue dries. You may need to use a pen or pencil inside her chest area to position the tabs just right.
- Fold each of Merida’s arms and glue them so the design is two-sided. Make sure they are lined up before the glue dries. Attach the arms to each side of Merida’s body under each shoulder by gluing the E tab to the E area and D tab to the D area.
- Cut slits in the top of the skirt along the gray lines, opposite of where you fold each A tab. Fold each of the dashed lines at the top of the skirt and each A tab away from you. Starting from left to right with the purple side of the skirt facing you, glue each A tab to the back of the skirt piece next to it to create pleats.
- When you are finished gluing the A tabs you may find it easier to glue the C tab to the inside of the skirt before gluing the final B tab pleat.
- Attach Merida’s completed torso to her skirt by gluing the white side of the tabs at her waist to the top of the skirt over the areas labeled M and N. The crease on the skirt should be in the back.
- Fold the quiver of arrows and glue the two white sides together. Fold the O tab back and attach it to the O area on Merida’s skirt.
- Attach the end of a thin brown string (you can color a white string brown with a magicmarker) to the top of Merida’s bow with glue. Stretch the string over Merida’s chest to the bottom of the bow. Cut the string where it reaches the end of the bow and glue that end to the bow.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago