Planning a jungle-themed party for your birthday child? Start with an invitation inspired a kid who’s danced with orangutans and outsmarted the most ferocious of Bengal tigers. All it takes is craft paper and a few quick snips to create a striking likeness of the man-cub Mowgli.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Craft paper (black, skin-tone, white, and other colors for the balloons and card)
- Glue stick
- Black colored pencil or marker
How To Make It
- Print out the template and cut out the pieces.
- Cut the hair piece out of black paper, as shown. Then cut the face and neck out of skin-tone paper and two eyes out of white paper. Cut the balloons out of whatever colors you like.
- Glue the neck to the face.
- Slide the top of the face into the slit in the hair as shown, and then glue the pieces together.
- Draw irises and pupils on the eyes. Then glue the eyes onto the face. Draw on a nose and mouth.
- Fold a sheet of craft paper in half to create a card.
- Glue the assembled face onto the card. Then glue on the balloons. Finally, use a colored pencil or marker to draw strings trailing from the balloons and to print the party info on the front and/or back of the card.
Cutting should be done by an adult.