Build your own 3D version of Weird Girl and her fluffy cat Mr. Whiskers.
Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or card stock
- Glue or double-sided tape
How To Make It
- Print Weird Girl on regular paper or card stock and cut out the pieces. Make folds along all dashed lines.
- Line up Weird Girl’s back with the front of her body. Using glue or double-sided tape, secure the pieces together so the design is two-sided. Fold the lower dashed line on her torso toward you. Fold the dashed line across her shoulders away from you.
- Make all folds on Weird Girl’s chest, and then secure the C and D tabs to the back panels of her chest. Secure the E, F, G, H, and I tabs on her chest to the corresponding E, F, G, H, and I tabs on her body.
- For Weird Girl’s skirt, fold the paper at the dashed lines running through the middle of the skirt toward you, and fold the paper at the dashed line running near the bottom of the skirt away from you. Starting from left to right, secure each A tab to the back of the skirt piece next to it to create pleats. Complete the shape of the skirt with the B tab.
- Attach the completed torso to her skirt by securing the tabs at her waist to the top of the skirt over the areas labeled L and M.
- For Weird Girl’s legs, fold the paper at the dashed lines at the base of her socks toward you. Fold the paper at all other dashed lines away from you. Secure the N tab to the back of her shoes and the O tab to the back of her legs. Secure the P tab to the back of her shoes and the Q tab to the back of her legs. Secure the R tab to the inside of her shoes and the S tab to the inside of her legs. Complete the shape by securing the U tabs to the inside of her shoes and the T tab to the inside of her legs. Use glue to attach the legs to the bottom of her torso.
- Fold each arm and secure so the design is two-sided. Fold the tabs back and use them to attach each arm to the sides of her torso.
- Fold Mr. Whiskers and secure so the design is two-sided. Secure Mr. Whiskers into the arms of Weird Girl so her right hand is under Mr. Whiskers’ belly, and her left hand rests on his back.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago